Why I Dislike Travelling!

Yes, the title is right, why I hate travel. I wrote previously on why I love road trips. I now will be writing on why I hate trips. These are my top 5 reasons, and I'm sure most of us can relate to one of these.

1)Unpacking: The dread of unpacking starts towards the end of the trip itself. But I conveniently push such unpleasant thoughts to the back of my mind.

2)Doing the laundry: When the unpacking is finally done, the more dreary task of washing and drying starts. If the washing machine were a human being, it would complain of human rights abuse. 

3)Photographs: Sorting photographs from the camera- the very thought gives me nightmares. With an average of 1200 photos per trip, and a record high of 3000, the very thought is nightmarish!

4)Getting back to work: Need I explain more. The very thought of coming back to work (read reality) is enough to cause some serious post-vacation syndrome, the symptoms being a general lack of interest, inability to concentrate, and a longing to go back. It takes at-least a week to regain normalcy (not to mention checking the mail). 

5)Why did I shop so much! This bag looks nice, that dress looks fab. Knowingly and unknowingly, I usually end up shopping quite a bit, and sometimes I've been even forced to buy an extra bag to carry all the stuff back. We now have become a little smarter, and take a couple of fold-able bags along for such situations. The worst experience so far has been returning from the Kashmir trip, wherein the kind officer at Srinagar airport didn't say anything, but the ones at Delhi airport told me we exceeded the baggage limit by 20 kgs. Still they were nice enough to suggest re-packing and shuffling (how irritating and embarrassing), and we managed to avoid paying for extra baggage. 

However, even if there are twenty more reasons along with these, once you've been bitten by the travel bug, the damage is permanent. It is not uncommon to feel the urge to go somewhere, every 3 months. And when work doesn't permit you to do so, there are phases of utter disinterest, till the strings of your conscious tug hard. 

Wanderlust is not a trait, it is a serious affliction.

Comments

  1. you know what my reason is? its motion sickness (yup pretty embarrassing)...but its worth to curb my roving feet rather than suffer nausea which feels like my delicate tummy is put into a churner....
    and 3000 pics? You serious...:)wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to be embarrassed about motion sickness. Don't worry, we'll take care of it real good and you can travel to your heart's content! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Would you like to share your thoughts?