Dashing thru' the Muck!

I shot this picture on New years eve' yesterday, at Cheliar Padavu, Suratkal, Mangalore.

In the past I have written about Kambala, a traditional rural sport, that involves racing buffaloes. In the recent past, there have been lot of protests and appeals to ban this sport. The buffalo owners had actually brought their 'wards' to Mangalore city, and had taken them on a long protest march, which was quite fun to watch! 

Well, I personally would never support hurting animals, especially for the purpose of entertaining us. However, banning things for the sake of banning should not be encouraged either. Kambala did not happen in the year 2016 due to the long court battle. Finally the Supreme Court ruled in favour of not banning Kambala, and hence it resumed with renewed vigour and fervour for the 2017-18 season.

This was one of the good shots I got. I couldn't thing of a better way to end 2017. 
For those of you making plans to catch a few good shots, find the schedule of this year's Kambala on this wonderful blog- CLICK HERE.

Wishing all my readers a wonderful, fun-filled, healthy and a happy 2018. 
Stay blessed!

You may be interested in:

Comments

  1. nice shot...
    My Kambala post here http://www.enidhi.net/2015/01/kambala-traditional-buffalo-race-photos.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would you like to share your thoughts?